Monday, June 16, 2008

Photo Sharing

Besides IM, I think my favorite Web 2.0 tool is online photo sharing. Of course, you wouldn't know if from visiting my Flickr account at http://www.flickr.com/people/mcthill, where I have just a few public pictures posted from the Bohemian National Cemetery, and not very good pictures, at that.

I often use the search function at Flickr when I'm looking for images with a Creative Commons License. It's amazing what beautiful shots you can find-- of almost anything--to use in teaching, websites, and handouts.

Since I've had my Flickr account for a few months now, I decided to begin experimenting with Picasa. I figure that Google owns me, so perhaps I should go with a Google product. I have found that editing images with Picasa software is fun and easy, and that Picasa does a great job of organizing all of the photographs I have stored in different nooks and crannies of the computer. I don't know that it will replace Flickr for me as a way to share photographs, though. I guess I need to play with the program some more before I decide.

No comments: