Tuesday, August 12, 2008

More ways to lose myself online

At 11:00 last night, I logged into Netflix to catch the start of "Vanity Fair." Always a sucker for a good costume drama, I watched it through to the bitter end. Two and a half hours later, completely awake, I asked myself, "Self, are you perhaps spending too much time online? Maybe?" But with so many delightful new toys on the Internet, I just can't help myself.

In the last weeks, in the name of (library) science, I have gotten involved with three more 2.0 tools:

1. Podcasts through i-Tunes. No longer do I have to wait for the weekend to enjoy the comic delights of CarTalk. Now if only I could figure out why my brakes have been so squeaky...

2. Microblogging through Twitter as mcthill. No more Google stalking for me. Now I'll "follow" you on Twitter.

3. Video sharing as mcthill on YouTube. I'm not watching videos for my own entertainment. I'm conducting research for the library. Honest.

And with these tools, I complete the NEIU Library Learns 2.0 course. I'll offer some reflections on that in my next post.

No comments: